Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back in Canada August 2009


Peter and I arrive safely back in Calgary on August 5th, 2009. It is clean, beautiful and green but it doesn't feel like home anymore after travelling in so many small communities around the world.

Fortunately Peter's friend, Doug allows us to stay with him until we sort things out. There are so many things to sort out, where to live, whether we should cycle through BC or I should start looking for work, if I can keep the condo rented out, etc.

Although I want us to cycle through BC and check out the small communities there; with so many wildfires burning, I decide to stay put in Calgary and start focusing on a job search.

Peter and I decide to rent the suite from Doug which fortunately gives me a base to work from. Volunteer teaching in Nepal has ignited a passion to work with children so that is my initial focus.

Although Peter keeps saying that he will head out to BC to do some cycling he hasn't left yet...which suits me fine.

I catch up with a couple friends and look forward to seeing all my friends.

What can I say about our trip?

Travelling for ten months by bicycle, living in a tent, eating noodles and tuna, experiencing different cultures and teaching children in Nepal is a wonderful, challenging and extremely worthwhile experience.

It is not always fun and stress-free but I am glad that we did it and it has shown me a new path that I want to follow...

No comments: