Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kathmandu




Once work is finished the Friday before I leave, the next few days are busy but organized with medical appointments, errands and get togethers with friends/family.

The night before I leave Peter and I have a nice dinner at Everest Kitchen with Jim and Marina, unfortunately Jim suffers (likely 3rd degree) burns on a couple fingers on a hot plate at the start of our meal.

Despite getting only a few hours sleep the night before I leave the flights go smoothly, no problem with my luggage or weight allowance. Both of my checked bags are approximately 35lbs each.

I meet and chat with a young woman and her father who are with Habitat for Humanity heading to Nepal.

At the airport in Korea I meet a Nepali woman, Daya, from Hinton Alberta. We end up staying at the dorm in the Spa on Air and have dinner together. It is nice to have each other for company. The Spa is quite nice for the price although the mattress is hard.





I make the mistake of asking for non-tourist visa because of information on Nepali government website so they will only give me a 15 day tourist visa when I arrive.

I catch a lift with Daya to my guesthouse (Dragon) at Boudha.




No comments: