Monday, October 11, 2010

Catching up with Old Friends









I walk over to Ghausola but Maiti office closed as it is Saturday. Then I walk to friends place. I show a photo to Padam's dad so he phones Padam to come downstairs; he takes me up to Buddha.

In her room I give her a big hug as I am soooooo happy to see her! We chat and she tells me that a lot of teachers have left including the two teachers that I worked with, Archana went back to India and Suryamaya got married and has a 7 month baby girl.

Buddha has been doing intern at bank for 9 months hopefully she will get a paid contract soon.

We go to a nearby cafe for lunch, Chakra joins us.

We make plans to walk to Koppan Monestary the next day however it is very hot so the 3 of us end up riding on Padam's motorbike. He is a good driver, slowing down over speed bumps and ruts.







Unfortunately Koppan is now closed to the public as it has a monestary school so we carry on to Gompa Monestary. It is very peaceful.

No comments: