Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teddy Bears Funraiser\Crazy Turk Feb/11




Teddy Bear Funraiser

An idea comes to me when I spy old fabric sitting in a couple bags at the school and seeing how happy some little girls are with a beat up old doll in the neighbourhood.

I decide to make teddy bears for the children at Maiti Nepal. I initially enlist the help of girls from Class 7 to help with cutting fabric and stitching pieces together. I addition 3 lovely ladies at the school help.

When the girls are busy studying for exams and can no longer help me 2 Angels from Bhutan (across the hall from my room) pitch in to swiftly complete the bears that I have slowly been sewing in spare moments.



End result 18 bears to bring smiles to childrens' faces at Maiti Nepal.

Another idea is that maybe I can enlist my friends to sponsor a bear and those donations will go to Maiti Nepal (hopefully for games/sports equipment for the children).




Crazy Turk

Coming back from shopping I see a ruckus on the street, a bearded man is chasing a young boy I've seen before. Things fall from his bag as he chases the boy a few feet then gives up. He sees me as I approach and wants me to be a witness to what happened. He goes to a shop and requests that they phone the police.

He also thinks that the shopkeeper saw what happened although it is around the corner from the incident. He tells me that the boy cut his hand and his hand is wrapped in bandages.

While waiting for the police, he tells me that he is Turkish, his father is some important official in Turkey. I ask him what he wants me to do to help as I didn't see what happened only him chasing the boy.

He looks at me like I am lying, then starts accusing me of conspiring with the others to claim that we didn't see anything. I tell him that I am going as he seems a bit paranoid.

No comments: