Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taekwondo Ceremony

My friend, Padam, is a Taekwondo instructor and invites me to assist in handing out certificates to his black belt students.

In the hall there are already students, parents and other guests in attendance. A couple men are taking photos and recording the event. I am called up to sit at the front table with other special guests.

The ceremony includes dance and singing performances as well as the students displaying their skills breaking boards with their feet. At my location at the table I flinch and duck toward another man as some of the pieces come flying in my direction.

Prior to the ceremony I sign some certicates in a designated spot (under the title of social worker).

Padam gives myself and another gentleman a gift and later gives me a DVD recording of the event and a newpaper clipping of the students and guests.

No comments: