Saturday, November 13, 2010

New room October 31, 2010



You can find out why Julie, the dog is wearing a garland of marigolds in the explanation about Tihar.





I think that the monsoon is finished but one day the rain comes down very hard for a few minutes then it lets up. I head back to the Stupa, but it starts raining again so I go to Flavours. While sitting there I listen to the sound of the rain on the roof; it is raining so hard!

I consider staying in room at Maiti Nepal home, but after I determine that I can catch the tempo to and from school (15 minutes) instead of 45 minute walk; I decide to stay in Boudha. I like the peace and quiet and easy Internet and phone access.

I love the Dragon Guest House but I want to save some money so I make arrangements to stay at the house that my friend showed me. It is very close to Dragon I ask for a taxi to take me for 50 rupees but he wants 150 so my friend and I make two trips to move everything over.

It is nice as the grandmother at Dragon wants a photo of me.



My new room has my own attached bathroom with western style toilet, sink and shower. I do see small cockroaches but I pull my bed, etc away from the wall. Like my friend who stayed there I arrange for the Didi (older sister) to do my laundry so she can earn some money. I also discuss the possibility of 5 evening meals a week upstairs with the family.

No comments: