Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple) Jan27/09







Buddha, her father and I take a bus to Swayambhunath (the Monkey Temple). At the front there are 3 huge gold coloured statues. Buddha reminds me of my friend Maria.

We walk up the hill to the temples and a great view of Kathmandu. In the forested area along the way are some monkeys. After having a good look around we decide to walk back...Buddha's father likes to walk.

It is a very long walk approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get back to Kathmandu Durbur Square and then along Bag Bazaar to my guesthouse. My feet are sore and I am feeling tired by the time we reach there.

Although supper is an hour late, I enjoy some meat as I had asked Amit to make some with my supper.

I am finally able to read and send some emails. Peter is cycling from 6AM-10AM to avoid heavy traffic.

No comments: