Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boudha Jan24/09





Buddha and I walk to Boudha. She tells me about her life.

When we are walking up/around the big Stupa, a procession of people carrying a flowered seat circle it. Fortunately I find out from Buddha that it is a funeral processionbefore I take any photos. In the flowered seat the person's body is propped up.

After a snack at Saturday Cafe, we walk to the Lotus Guest House to inquire about rooms. The fellow must have overheard me talking about discounts as he seems surly and says that rates are posted.

The rate of 330 or 360 NPR is fine but they don't take reservations and can't guarantee hot water and lights with the power cuts.

On the way back, we stop at a friend's house. They make me tea although I tried to tell them no thanks. I don't drink it as I am afraid to get sick after the tea at the clothing shop. I feel that I may be offending them but am more concerned about getting sick.

I am anxious to get an email sent to a family member concerning my mail but the power doesn't stay on or it comes on too late.

I stay up late playing cards with the owners' son and his friends.

No comments: