Monday, May 4, 2009

ABC Day 4-6 Tadapani to Deurali





Day 4 Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m)
We start at 7:30AM so we may get a room. First there is a fairly steep downhill for a couple hours then we cross a suspension bridge and have a steep climb up. I have to pause and catch my breath frequently.



At 10AM I am ready for lunch but we only have tea and keep going.
We arrive at 1PM. I feel irritable as it is later than I expect to eat and my upper back is sore and I have a sore spot on my shoulder where a strap is rubbing.

After a nap and lunch I have a shower and do laundry. My legs feel very sore and stiff going down the stairs.



Day 5 Chhomrong to Dovan (2600m)



The mountains look quite lovely with the sun shining on them before we leave. It is hot today. We go down, down stairs until we reach a suspension bridge and nice waterfalls then climb up sometimes through the trees.



Matt is very slow climbing today. Verena and I are concerned if he has altitude sickness but isn't admitting it as he is eating next to nothing.

However after lunch at Bamboo he zooms up the hill...



At Dovan the guesthouse is full, Matt has a room so Verena, I and other guests will sleep in the dining hall. I hang my top on an antler horn.

Day 6 Dovan to Deurali (3210m)



We start around 7:30AM. On the way there are people of all ages and fitness levels. Some woman 60+ even have fairly good size packs. One asian lady is being carried piggyback by a porter. I see lots of butterflies and lady bugs.

I take it very slow going up hill but my legs and back are fine and we arrive in good time. After lunch a few of us climb higher to acclimatize by sleeping at a lower altitude.

No comments: