Monday, May 4, 2009

Exams & Dance Practise Mar/09




There has been some heavy rain, thunder and lightening; fortunately I have been able to get back to the guesthouse before any great downpour.

I start exam review early, too early as the students get bored and restless in class. During exams I monitor students while they are writing. In the afternoons we are practising our dance steps for the performance we are putting on for the children of Maiti Nepal.





One night all the teachers, principal and myself go out for supper to celebrate the end of the school year. It reminds me of a food court. Flora orders a variety of dishes that we all share. Buddha tells me which dishes are okay, not too spicy to eat. I try one that Flora says is not too spicy hot but I start coughing...so I pass on that dish.

I am presented with a white scarf as a thank you for my volunteering. I am touched by the gesture...all I can really do is to say thank you!

No comments: